Sunday 29 August 2010

Sunshine Saturday.

Despite the forecast of rain, we were very lucky on Saturday for our walk along the canal (again!) with C.R.E.W. I swear that I will soon know every blade of grass, every narrow boat, every duck and every fisherman’s name before much longer. Although it had been spitting as we exited the flat, it stayed dry all the walk and we actually kept seeing some sunshine breaking through. We were supposedly going to have dinner in the Black Horse, but K and I got our own way and we ended up in the Railway Inn at Mirfield. We love that pub for it was there where we were first introduced to Stowell’s White Zinfandel which has become our firm favourite. It beats any other make into fits in our opinion.

This walk always has to end where it becomes so overgrown that you can’t get past and you have to actually leave the canal towpath and cross over some fields before joining it again further along the canal. We turned around and retraced our footsteps. I always enjoy these walks. There’s something about being near water that relaxes you I think, and because the weather was kind it was really enjoyable. As usual we ended the walk with a most enjoyable pub lunch where I had turkey dinner, and K had home made Meat and Potato pie, washed down with two small bottles of our favourite White Zinfandel.

Here are the picture’s I took of our walk.

DSC01279

Blimey! K’s really striding out here!

DSC01280

Under the bridge

DSC01281

A berthed narrowboat

DSC01283

Going through the canal lock.

DSC01284

There’s even some blue sky!

DSC01285

Yippee! It’s dinner time and we’re starving after our walk!

2 comments:

  1. I get so tired of incessant rain. However we have been fortunate this year to the extent that we haven't enough rain thus far. Can't win this race I'm afraid. Oh...I am using the Admiral's account. This is Ranmblingon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe we are getting all of your share?

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?